Play & Sing Alankar 7 & 8
SaMa – RePa – GaDha – MaNi – PaSa.
Sa.Pa – NiMa – DhaGa – PaRe – MaSa
Sa – SaReSa – SaReGaReSa – SaReGaMaGaReSa –
SaReGaMaPaMaGaReSa – SaReGaMaPaDhaPaMaGaReSa –
(Not shown in movie, please do it yourself starting higher octave Sa.)
Sa. – Sa.NiSa. – Sa.NiDhaNiSa. – Sa.NiDhaPaDhaNiSa. –
Sa.NiDhaPaMaPaDhaNiSa. – Sa.NiDhaPaMaGaMaPaDhaNiSa. –
Note: While playing Alankar do not forget to push Dhokni to blow air otherwise no sound will be heard. To push Dhokni, place your left hand near the left edge of harmonium and push by fingers. Please watch the video to understand.
1. You need to play sing and practice at least 8 Alankars first to familiarise Swar (notes).
2. Match your voice with the voice coming out of Harmonium for each swar – note.
3. Play each note in rythm of 1 beat and leave a gap for dash ‘ – ‘ equivalent to 1 beat.
4. View video to understand better
5. A dot after the note shows higher octave
6. A dot before the note will show lower octave.
7. In Harmonium never press Dhokni (or blow air) until any note – Black or White is pressed, otherwise air will not be able to go out from anywhere and the Harmonium will start leaking air from sides or anywhere.
- You need to play sing and practice at least 8 Alankars first to familiarise Swar (notes).
- Match your voice with the voice coming out of Harmonium for each swar - note.
- Play each note in rythm of 1 beat and leave a gap for dash ' - ' equivalent to 1 beat.