Play & Sing Alankar 3 & 4
SaReGaMa ReGaMaPa GaMaPaDha MaPaDhaNi PaDhaNiSa.
Sa.NiDhaPa NiDhaPaMa DhaPaMaGa PaMaGaRe MaGaReSa
SaRe SaReGa – ReGa ReGaMa – GaMa GaMaPa –
MaPa MaPaDha – PaDha PaDhaNi – DhaNi DhaNiSa. –
Sa.Ni Sa.NiDha – NiDha NiDhaPa – DhaPa DhaPaMa –
PaMa PaMaGa – MaGa MaGaRe – GaRe GaReSa –
Note: While playing Alankar do not forget to push Dhokni to blow air otherwise no sound will be heard. To push Dhokni, place your left hand near the left edge of harmonium and push by fingers. Please watch the video to understand.
1. You need to play sing and practice at least 8 Alankars first to familiarise Swar (notes).
2. Match your voice with the voice coming out of Harmonium for each swar – note.
3. Play each note in rythm of 1 beat and leave a gap for dash ‘ – ‘ equivalent to 1 beat.
4. View video to understand better. For some reason the video stops during Avroh of Alankar 4. Please follow the notations.
5. A dot after the note shows higher octave
6. A dot before the note will show lower octave.
7. In Harmonium never press Dhokni (or blow air) until any note – Black or White is pressed, otherwise air will not be able to go out from anywhere and the Harmonium will start leaking air from sides or anywhere.
- You need to play sing and practice at least 8 Alankars first to familiarise Swar (notes).
- Match your voice with the voice coming out of Harmonium for each swar - note.
- Play each note in rythm of 1 beat and leave a gap for dash ' - ' equivalent to 1 beat.