Vocal / Harmonium
Raag - Des - Aroh, Avroh & Pakad
S R M P N S.
S. n D P M G R G S
Pakad (Main Notes):
R M P , n D P , D M G R , G .N S
1. Raag Des has 5 notes in ascending and all 7 notes in descending order. While Ni or N is Shuddh (normal) in ascending, it is ni or n Komal (flat) in descending order and Ga and Dha are not used in ascending order.
2. It is an early night raag with Vadi swar ‘P’ and Samvadi ‘R’. Some consider ‘R’ as Vadi and ‘P’ Samvadi swar (note).
3. View video clip to understand better
4. A dot after the note shows higher octave
5. A dot before the note shows lower octave
- Raag Bhimpalasi has 5 notes in ascending and all 7 notes in descending order. While ga or g and ni or n are komal (flat) in both ascending and descending, Re and Dha are not used in ascending order and all seven notes are used in descending order.'
- It is a noon raag with Vadi swar 'M' and Samvadi 'S'